Cyprus, an island in the eastern Mediterranean, has rich, turbulent history stretching back to antiquity. Known for its beaches, it has a rugged interior with wine-growing regions. It’s separated into a Greek south and Turkish north, with the capital Nicosia also divided. Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaeological sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-adorned villas.
STUDY IN CYPRUS
Reasons for studying in Cyprus
- Quality education.
- Internationally Recognized Bachelor and Master Degrees programmes.
- English mainly as the language of instruction.
- High standard of living in affordable cost.
- Location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Safe and friendly environment with crime ratio less than 1%.
- Pleasant Mediterranean climate with temperatures ranging in winter between 8-17c and in summer 32-38c.
- Credit transfers to other EU countries, US and Canada.
- Scholarships that covers up to 40% of tuition to all international students.
- International student body from more than 60 countries.
- Multicultural learning environment.
- Opportunities for Students to combine education, work and pleasure.
- Preparation of students to work in today’s global marketplace
- Students can develop independence, maturity, an understanding of others cultures.
- Studying in Cyprus is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The number of students in Cyprus is increasing rapidly over the last ten years. The following graph shows the number of Cypriot and foreign students in Cyprus from 1990/91 until 2008/09. The graph illustrates also the number of Cypriot students studying abroad. It is obvious from the graph that the rate of students increase is very rapid.
What Documents need to apply
- Filled Application Form
- Copy of International Passport or ID. (minimum valid for one years)(attested)
- Copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate (with subject details)
- Resume update
- Medical report (HIV diseases, tuberculosis, hepatitis)
- Recmmendation letter
- Police clearence